UNDP Iraq’s Social Cohesion Programme is launching a photography contest to promote peace and social cohesion within Iraq. We want to know: what does YOUR Iraq look like?
The Social Cohesion photo contest is an opportunity for Iraqis to showcase their photography skills while illustrating what brings their communities together. Now more than ever, following the global COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to find support and strength from family, friends, and neighbors.
Who can participate?
Those with Iraqi nationality, over the age of 18. Both professional and amateur photographers are encouraged.
Photo composition and format:
- Your photo must be sent by email as a .jpg file
- Your photo should be in high resolution (at least 2480 x 3720 and minimum 300 dpi)
UNDP will announce the five winners by December 22, 2021. Winners will be contacted directly.
The winners will:
- Receive $500 in photography equipment
- Be interviewed for a profile feature on the UNDP Iraq website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- To participate in the contest, the photographer must own the rights of the photo submitted. The photo must be taken by the photographer who submits the photo.
- By participating in the contest, UNDP Iraq retains the unlimited right to use the submitted photos for public information purposes.
Full Contest Rules
To be eligible to enter the contest, you must be a citizen of Iraq and over the age of 18.
By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to and warrants that his or her entry complies with the rules.
The contest ends on 08 December 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Arabian Standard Time.
To enter the contest, send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .jpg, or RAW file. Submit up to 3 photos that represent peace and social cohesion between groups in your community. Each submission should include your name, age, city and governorate, the signed submission form, and a paragraph (in Arabic, Kurdish or English) that describes the photo and what it demonstrates in Iraq.
A panel of jurors will determine the winners based on the following criteria:
Creativity – 25%
Originality – 25%
Relatability to theme– 25%
Inspiring – 25%
About UNDP Iraq’s Social Cohesion Programme
Support for Social Cohesion in Iraq is a five-year programme launched in January 2020 to improve the enabling environment for peace and social cohesion in all areas of Iraq. The programme is built on integrating the success and lessons learned from previous social cohesion projects and interventions. It takes a multi-faceted approach that addresses institutional frameworks, local mechanisms, institutional and individual capacities, university curriculums, inter-group and state-citizen relations, and conflict-sensitive responses. The programme’s media and advocacy component includes the launch of various initiatives on social media to encourage social cohesion and unity in Iraq.